Amex Small Business Saturday (11/30) $10 off purchase of $10 or more

Vinster

Amex is doing their annual Small Business Saturday this Saturday where you'll get one $10 statement credit for spending at least $10 on your Amex at a small business on their list. One offer per card and authorized users are counted as a separate card.

You need to register your card here:https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/Shop-Small/

I saw Urban Plates was on the list and it seems perfect since it's $10 a plate. I have five cards total including the authorized users.

Many of the small businesses I like to eat at give me the American Express "bill book" or "bill tray" but do not accept AMEX, haha  ;D  (These are the fancier places that aren't cash only)

Thanks for the thread though! I will have to check the list and take part in it! 

CA Fish grill!

Coleman said:
Many of the small businesses I like to eat at give me the American Express "bill book" or "bill tray" but do not accept AMEX, haha  ;D  (These are the fancier places that aren't cash only)

Thanks for the thread though! I will have to check the list and take part in it! 

CA Fish grill!

Was just at CA Fish grill on El Toro... love their grilled salmon plates... YUM!

I just realized I have three more Amex cards (Amex Hilton HHonors).

I see Assi Market is on the list.

Vinster said:
I just realized I have three more Amex cards (Amex Hilton HHonors).

I see Assi Market is on the list.

Went to Assi over the weekend, what a sad place.  Seems like they've been winding down operations since October.  No fresh produce or meat/fish.  Everything is frozen or dry goods.  We were the only customer in there on a Sunday afternoon, I felt bad after walking around for 10 mins and not wanting to buy anything, so I bought a couple of soft drinks...most of which are expired.  According to Yelp, they're waiting for new management to take over in 2014 and revamp the place.  For now, don't bother going.

It's back, but this time you get up to $30/card.  Signed up our three cards, so a total of $90 to spend.  Luna Grill is on the list, Tasty Garden, etc.

www.shopsmall.com

ps9 said:
It's back, but this time you get up to $30/card.  Signed up our three cards, so a total of $90 to spend.  Luna Grill is on the list, Tasty Garden, etc.

www.shopsmall.com
To be clear, it's 3x$10 transactions.

Crown Ace Hardware on Culver is on the list.

Time to get some LED light bulbs, folding chairs, padlocks, etc.

Bump!  Not sure where to go, Zion is listed but as Zion Health Food?  So far, get a burrito at La Sirena, pastries at Champagne, car wash?

ps9 said:
Zion is a no go.  They do not take AMEX TODAY.  Yes only today no AMEX  :mad:

Maybe they read the promo wrong and thought they were the ones paying the $10. I bought a gift card at a local chain restaurant and overheard the manager telling another customers that mentioned small business saturday, "We are not a small business, we are a corporation, I don't know why American Express would include us." It was funny that she was pi$$ed instead of happy for the business.

I haven't read who pays for the $10, maybe a chargeback to the business by AMEX?  Asian business owners are usually aware (cheap) of credit card fees, so I don't think AMEX is fronting the charge. 

ps9 said:
I haven't read who pays for the $10, maybe a chargeback to the business by AMEX?  Asian business owners are usually aware (cheap) of credit card fees, so I don't think AMEX is fronting the charge.

Heck no. AMEX pays for it.

ps9 said:

I don't know about the $10 fee. But last time I checked Amex charges a higher fee to merchants vs Visa. I just have an Amex card for Costco.

Back