Cheap lappy

still available at the Tustin BB, except for Mr. Eyephone, you gotta go to Industry for what you need :)

HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
hey did your headphones come with a line?? Mine are missing...

yeah, taped on the bottom of the cardboard pull out.  kinda hidden.  my head's a little too big for this, oh well, free is free

ps9 said:
HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
hey did your headphones come with a line?? Mine are missing...

yeah, taped on the bottom of the cardboard pull out.  kinda hidden.  my head's a little too big for this, oh well, free is free

Not sure if mine had them... I got the white ones...

was the box completely sealed when you got it?  maybe it was a return?  i would get another one

still playing with my new cheap toy, what's the point of windows 8 if you don't have a touchscreen?

I went thru the slickdeals link in my first post, it was already in my Amex,  I have two cards, a Costco AMEX and the Blue AMEX,  all the good deals are always on the Blue, including this one.  Good luck. 

Not a bad lappy for browsing, not too much pre installed garbage, booted up fast to an empty desktop with just the trash icon.  That was a first, installed Chrome and I was done.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm waiting for a touchscreen one to hit that point... then I'll buy some for my kids.

I got an 11" touchscreen for my sisters graduation, was on sale at best buy for $249.  I used the 10% off movers coupon plus Amex deal made it just around $200.  It's actually better than I thought and works fine for her purposes of web browsing, word processing and spreadsheets. 

You can find similar pricing pretty frequently.  I think it was Acer or Asus.

Back