Would you come back?

This decision to close the forums has already alienated a lot of regular posters here. Even if the overlords of IHB decide to keep the forums running, they will have lost a lot of old time regulars. The board will never be the same again.

If the forums stay open, I will still use it. If it's not interesting to me, I will leave.

It's kind of akin to "The Truman Show" where Jim Carey leaves the set, and the guys watching TV say "lets see what else is on..."

This will be my last and final post on this board.

This is just my personal opinion from observation.

And my business opinion from owning a sales organization for many years.

Irvinehousing made the first critical mistake in April 2009.

When rather than create a separate entity to move them into the RE Business.

(www.irvinerealtor.com could be purchased for $ 600.00)

They took IHB. A site that was making some great traffic from being a bear and blog site

and attempted to morph it into the new and improved IHB. A RE Broker Site.

That failed. They never even discussed it with the Moderators. They brought on a very

inexperienced and unproven new player. And basically snubbed their noses at what was

basically a smooth running operation. With some discussion they could have gotten some

great finders fees from some of the RE players already on the board. Real simple stuff.

But instead they wanted something more.

Now add on another 7 Months. The same players on the open forum are doing their thing.

Posting and exchanging information. And yes some money is being made and the IHB by

trying to OVER LEVERAGE those players has been excluded from what could have been some

reasonable fees.

Now it appears their only recourse is to take what is the IHB`s largest company asset. The part of the site

that generates the most hits, and eliminate it.

In essence all the Irvinehousing is or was. Was its ability to maintain TRAFFIC. Its only tangible

asset is that traffic and Larrys ability to spend a few hours daily on his blog and post his daily rant

or in todays world. His daily Sales pitch.

I just dont see how it can go from here. Too many mistakes. Sorry. I think the puppy is dead.

This site will just be a step above Robert Larsons now that we are all said and done.

Just another RE Blog Website. Those are a dime a dozen.

What made IHB what it was is the charter that started it. An honest look at "Irvines Real Estate Market"

Discussions and opinions related to all things related in that sense.

That got lost in the scuffle to make a "living" off what technically Larry said was "just his hobby".

Off my soapbox. And Adios. FINIS.

I would return, provided the following conditions were met:

A) A full and honest accounting, open to questions and further explanations, of everything that transpired between zovall and IrvineRenter and other forum members that resulted in both the selection of Shevy and the decision to close the forum.

B) An unequivical public apology for the emotional toll their actions and decisions have taken on the people that help them build this site into something other than another R/E blog.

C) A reform of both the policy and the philosophy behind the IHB that returns it to the same community it was before IrvineRenter announced his book. Not that the two are related, but it's a good reference point.

D) Full moderator powers for myself, no_vaseline, graphrix, awgee, SoCal78, and PeterUK initially... so that no matter which thread the problem appears, chances are slim it will get past the 6 of us.

E) An OPEN discussion on the best way to monetize the IHB blog and forums so that zovall and IrvineRenter can be fairly compensated for both their time, efforts, and initial investment in what has become a rather large web site, including *small* finder's fees on sales generated through their websites, forums, or message board.

It's not a sin to be wrong or to make mistakes, it's a sin to insist you are right when your own experience is proving you wrong.

Never say never, but probablly not. The behind the scenes IHB politics bother me (it was fine for me to be agressive with Janet, but not with other morons or trolls, and that never made any sense), but the big reason is I'm leaving OC soon.

I'm just not a conspiracy theorist unless it's obvious that one exists. I don't see anything that directly points to any kind of conspiracy around shutting down the blog. I'm sure there are costs involved in maintaining the forum and I know that I personally haven't paid anything for being here. My husband's addicting blog/forum costs him $50/yr in membership.

While I have kept coming back because of this sense of being a part of the community, the forums became much less interesting right around the debut of the business, but also what coincided with this is that market turned in a manner that left the bears saying that their vindication was just being pushed out due to government intervention and either conspiracy or ineptness on the part of the banks. Frankly, the arguments of the bears were diminished (and I'm not saying they are right or wrong) but the arguments became the fringe that had originated it. Many of us already were or moved to the center (look at all the happy tales of buying) and a few bulls joined.

While all these dynamics were taking place around what was the centerpiece of the forums, the sense of community remained. Although it was less and less interesting, I kept coming back because some of my favorite posters amused or educated me still, because I genuinely cared about what was going on of signficance with some of these strangers that I had somehow thought of as friends and because I expected/hoped that there would be something of interest. Something died somewhere and I don't know why.

I'm going to venture to the new place because I feel that we are a community and I hope that there will be some continuation, but I still think the new place will be even further diminished, especially if the likes of BK don't follow, coupled with typical attrition and nothing to attract new members. Reality is that this is the end as we know it and I'm hoping, truly hoping, that the new beginning will flourish with the community.

[quote author="WINEX" date=1259848526][quote author="justbrowsing" date=1259813017]Would you come back?</blockquote>

I think I just did...</blockquote>

Holy Cr#p, get over to the new site. Seriously, I'll only speak for myself, but I've missed you.

[quote author="tmare" date=1259848682][quote author="WINEX" date=1259848526][quote author="justbrowsing" date=1259813017]Would you come back?</blockquote>

I think I just did...</blockquote>

Holy Cr#p, get over to the new site. Seriously, I'll only speak for myself, but I've missed you.</blockquote>

Do you have a link?

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1259849183]<a href="http://www.talkirvine.com">link - and welcome back.</a></blockquote>

Hmmmm, the "double thanks" trick doesn't seem to be working. So you have one "thanks" at the bottom of your post, and another inline here.

Thanks.

[quote author="WINEX" date=1259849345][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1259849183]<a href="http://www.talkirvine.com">link - and welcome back.</a></blockquote>

Hmmmm, the "double thanks" trick doesn't seem to be working. So you have one "thanks" at the bottom of your post, and another inline here.

Thanks.</blockquote>

Just wait until you get to the new site :p

I don't know, the lure of Trooper being there along with all my regular buds is really appealing, but how the heck did Winex morph from nowhere just in time to follow as well? I'm really starting to believe in conspiracy theories now.

[quote author="tmare" date=1259850272][quote author="WINEX" date=1259849345][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1259849183]<a href="http://www.talkirvine.com">link - and welcome back.</a></blockquote>

Thanks.</blockquote>

Just wait until you get to the new site :p</blockquote>

I'm there.

[quote author="stepping_up" date=1259852381]I don't know, the lure of Trooper being there along with all my regular buds is really appealing, but how the heck did Winex morph from nowhere just in time to follow as well? I'm really starting to believe in conspiracy theories now.</blockquote>

Thanks or blame (depending on perspective) is due to a member who sent me a PM. I came back to see what it was.

Back