Build A Bear $5 off $10 Bear or 20% off $10 or more - may be able to combine them

springmom_IHB

Printable coupons for Build a Bear:

<a href="http://www.buildabear.com/email/2009/html/ThankYou_US.html?sc_cid=EM_/email/2009/093009JonasEventThankYouUS">Build A Bear $5</a>

<a href="http://media.rachaelrayshow.com/unmanaged/img/coupons/coupon-buildabear.pdf">Build A Bear 20% off</a>

The deal site where I got this from has posts from people saying they were able to combine them on a purchase even though it says on the coupons that it cannot be combined.

I just cleaned out my daughter's walk in closet last weekend and we threw out at least 20 outfits and several Build A Bears. That is at least $600 down the drain. Kids grow out this product really fast and expensive cost for a short window imo is the biggest rip off. Girls will then move on to American Girl Dolls but they will hold on to their doll for a much longer period of time. It actually did end up in her trunk rather than in the trash.

I've taken my kids twice to Build a Bear. Yes, I have to admit that it is a waste of money, but we had a great time and the kids remember it. I definitely will not take them anymore than two more times over the next few years. I guess it's a little indulgent, but I don't care.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1255738131]I just cleaned out my daughter's walk in closet last weekend and we threw out at least 20 outfits and several Build A Bears. That is at least $600 down the drain. Kids grow out this product really fast and expensive cost for a short window imo is the biggest rip off. Girls will then move on to American Girl Dolls but they will hold on to their doll for a much longer period of time. It actually did end up in her trunk rather than in the trash.</blockquote>

How old is your daughter? Mine is 12 and she nor her brother who is 9 will let us throw any of their stuffed animals out! I managed to get rid of several when we moved when they weren't around, but we still have several boxes in the garage cabinets full of stuffed animals, BAB included. Of course I still have my two favorite stuffed animals from when I was a kid on my dresser. My husband just doesn't get that....

[quote author="springmom" date=1255747730][quote author="bkshopr" date=1255738131]I just cleaned out my daughter's walk in closet last weekend and we threw out at least 20 outfits and several Build A Bears. That is at least $600 down the drain. Kids grow out this product really fast and expensive cost for a short window imo is the biggest rip off. Girls will then move on to American Girl Dolls but they will hold on to their doll for a much longer period of time. It actually did end up in her trunk rather than in the trash.</blockquote>

How old is your daughter? Mine is 12 and she nor her brother who is 9 will let us throw any of their stuffed animals out! I managed to get rid of several when we moved when they weren't around, but we still have several boxes in the garage cabinets full of stuffed animals, BAB included. Of course I still have my two favorite stuffed animals from when I was a kid on my dresser. My husband just doesn't get that....</blockquote>

She is 13. She was into Build A Bear for may for 1.5 yrs then found American Girl Dolls when she was 7 more interesting with the historical era background. It lasted about 3 years and she went on to NinteenDog then to 60's Star Trek.

She loves travel and cooking channels for years. National Geographic, Discovery and Animal Planet are by far her favorite.

[quote author="springmom" date=1255747730][quote author="bkshopr" date=1255738131]I just cleaned out my daughter's walk in closet last weekend and we threw out at least 20 outfits and several Build A Bears. That is at least $600 down the drain. Kids grow out this product really fast and expensive cost for a short window imo is the biggest rip off. Girls will then move on to American Girl Dolls but they will hold on to their doll for a much longer period of time. It actually did end up in her trunk rather than in the trash.</blockquote>

How old is your daughter? Mine is 12 and she nor her brother who is 9 will let us throw any of their stuffed animals out! I managed to get rid of several when we moved when they weren't around, but we still have several boxes in the garage cabinets full of stuffed animals, BAB included. Of course I still have my two favorite stuffed animals from when I was a kid on my dresser. My husband just doesn't get that....</blockquote>

I still won't let my mom throw out my ratty stuffed animals from childhood. My daughter is 10 and my son is 12 and neither will let me throw out the animals either. I think some toys make fun heirlooms to past down over generations. My grandmother kept many of my mom's and uncle's toys from the 50's. When I was a girl I played with all of my mom's orginal barbies. My son played with my uncle's match box cars. My daughter loved my toy kitchen.

We are saving my son's Thomas the Train collection to past down. For a good 7 years our whole life was all about trains trains trains. Now that is a pretty good toy lasting 7 years (he still occasionally gets them out) We practically lived at Griffith Park's Travel Town and little steamer trains (BTW if you have small children you have to take them to ride on the <a href="http://www.lacity.org/rap/dos/parks/griffithPK/livesteamers.htm">steamer trains</a>in Griffith Park. It's free and very cool.)

Bk, I'm surprised you never got into building miniature doll houses with your daughter being an architect and all.

Cobbler's children wear no shoes. A doctor can't cure his wife. Developers do not live in their production villages.

Oh no, I can't expose her to tools. That may set her destiny becoming a blue collar trade. She needs to be academic focused and do well in Irvine school so she can automatically advance to Harvard like most Irvine graduates and make a lot of money. I don't want her to end up like me living in Santa Ana.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1255764172][quote author="springmom" date=1255747730][quote author="bkshopr" date=1255738131]I just cleaned out my daughter's walk in closet last weekend and we threw out at least 20 outfits and several Build A Bears. That is at least $600 down the drain. Kids grow out this product really fast and expensive cost for a short window imo is the biggest rip off. Girls will then move on to American Girl Dolls but they will hold on to their doll for a much longer period of time. It actually did end up in her trunk rather than in the trash.</blockquote>

I still won't let my mom throw out my ratty stuffed animals from childhood. My daughter is 10 and my son is 12 and neither will let me throw out the animals either. I think some toys make fun heirlooms to past down over generations. My grandmother kept many of my mom's and uncle's toys from the 50's. When I was a girl I played with all of my mom's orginal barbies. My son played with my uncle's match box cars. My daughter loved my toy kitchen.

We are saving my son's Thomas the Train collection to past down. For a good 7 years our whole life was all about trains trains trains. Now that is a pretty good toy lasting 7 years (he still occasionally gets them out) We practically lived at Griffith Park's Travel Town and little steamer trains (BTW if you have small children you have to take them to ride on the <a href="http://www.lacity.org/rap/dos/parks/griffithPK/livesteamers.htm">steamer trains</a>in Griffith Park. It's free and very cool.)

Bk, I'm surprised you never got into building miniature doll houses with your daughter being an architect and all.</blockquote>

My husband passed down all his Playmobil stuff to our son. We are saving all the Thomas wooden stuff and American Girl items that my kids have now so they can have something to pass down. Not sure what we are gonna do with the numerous Lego sets though.

Yes our life was all about trains for several years too.

Back