Water Shut Off Valve

When we first got our home the water pressure regulator was bad. In the process of replacing it, the water shut off valve was removed. The main can be shut off just a couple feet away in the access panel in the ground.

My question is, now that we're preparing our home to rent it out, should I just leave the plumbing as is? Or should I have a valve put back in so that tenants would have an easier time managing water shut off?

I guess it depends on how far away you are going to live from your rental and if you want to drive there or hire a very expensive plumber to come and do it in an emergency.

[quote author="readytopurchase" date=1255605688]When we first got our home the water pressure regulator was bad. In the process of replacing it, the water shut off valve was removed. The main can be shut off just a couple feet away in the access panel in the ground.

My question is, now that we're preparing our home to rent it out, should I just leave the plumbing as is? Or should I have a valve put back in so that tenants would have an easier time managing water shut off?</blockquote>

Show them where it is and how to shut it off in an emergency, and you should be fine.

-IR2

I was thinking that just showing them and documenting it in the lease with pics should suffice. It just means they have to use a screw driver to pry up the water main cover, but it's no big chore. Literally, 2' from where the main valve is inside the garage. Sounds great, guys! I knew you wouldn't disappoint! Love this site!

Back