Irvine OKs 6,000 homes in city's urban core

momopi

http://www.ocregister.com/news/irvine-257657-city-business.html

IRVINE ? City leaders have backed a new vision for Irvine's urban core, paving the way for thousands of new housing units and agreeing to fund millions of dollars worth of roadway improvements to end a legal battle with Tustin over the impacts of the planned development.

The Irvine City Council on Tuesday night voted 4 to 0 to adopt an Irvine Business Complex "vision plan" expected to bring new housing to the city's most job-rich district through new mixed-use developments within a more than 2,000-acre swath of aging industrial and office space near John Wayne Airport.

Click on URL above to see full article

How well will this work?

The current "urban" units in that area did not do very well and ended up as rentals rather than owned property.

And 6000? I mean, I love Irvine, but can this area support 6000 (which could translate to 12000 or more) residents?

irvinehomeowner said:
How well will this work?

The current "urban" units in that area did not do very well and ended up as rentals rather than owned property.

And 6000? I mean, I love Irvine, but can this area support 6000 (which could translate to 12000 or more) residents?

Traffic is gonna suck.  The number 6000 seems a lot!!!  Remember BK said there are about 4200 resident including apartments in Woodbury?  That's a lot too right? But it sure doesn't feel that way when I walk around in Woodbury.

Back